Mancos FoodShare (MFS) is dedicated to comprehensively addressing hunger and food security in the Mancos Valley by supporting healthy and local food access, production, education and distribution.
About The Organization
A group of community members started Mancos FoodShare in 2013 to bring a USDA Commodities distribution to Mancos so that folks experience food insecurity wouldn’t have to drive to Cortez to pick up food. Since then, the program has grown steadily. We currently offer the following programs to the community and engage in advocacy and regional food security efforts as well.
- Weekly food pantry open to all community members
- TEFAP (USDA commodities) distribution for qualifying community members
- Cooking Matters food skills and nutrition education classes
- Free snacks to kids through the Mancos Preschool and Elementary School and Mancos Public Library
- Free summer lunches for kids at the Mancos Public Library
- Monthly community lunches
- Monthly gardening classes with Montezuma School to Farm Project
How to Donate
Donate via our Donor Box, or make a donation through Mancos Valley Resources.